DAY AT THE REINDEER FARM PROGRAMME
Come spend the day at our reindeer farm in Pello, Finland. In summer, take a walk with the reindeer through the woods. In winter, enjoy a sleigh ride instead.
THE PROGRAMME INCLUDES:
* In winter, take a sleigh ride through the forest. In summer, walk with the reindeer through the forest.
* Get to know real reindeer and feed them lichen. Learn the story of the reindeer and a year in the life of a reindeer herder.
* Competition with suopunki (Finnish reindeer herder’s lasso).
* In the Navettala building, you’ll enjoy a soup lunch, watch a film about a life in the year of a reindeer herder and make a handicraft with reindeer antler. In addition, there’s a little gift shop in the Navettala building, so you can get a small souvenir to remember your visit.
* Enjoy a fire either in Kota-Lato building or in the forest hut (laavu), and have dessert. Take in the beautiful shore scenery and stunning nature of Reindeer Lake.
DURATION OF THE PROGRAM: about 4 hours
* Adult: 145 €; child (4-14 years old): 85€
MINIMUM GROUP SIZE:
* 2 paying adults
The Day at the Reindeer Farm programme is available all year-round but requires advance booking. We recommend at least 2-3 days in advance. Contact us at +358 400 923 034 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
SEE ALSO: Reindeer Farm Visits
NOTE FOR LARGER GROUPS AND TOUR OPERATORS: Larger groups and tour operators can ask us for separate offers.